- Dublin Airport is located 12km north of Dublin city centre.
- Dublin Port Tunnel – cuts journey time from the airport to the city centre, to 15-20 minutes
- Private & Public bus services operate from both airport terminals: Aircoach, Airlink.
- Taxis are readily available for hire outside both airport terminals.
Aproximate taxi fare to Dublin City Centre €25-€35
- Most international car rental companies also have representation in both airport terminals.
- There are taxis pick up points outside both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 arrival areas of Dublin Airport.
- A taxi from the airport to the meeting venue will cost in the range of €25- €35 and the driving time is approximately 30- 40 minutes depending on traffic..
- Peak times are generally 07.00 – 09.00 and 16.00 – 19.00.
Private/public bus services
There are two bus operators that provide services from Dublin airport to the city centre:
- Aircoach – is a private bus service which provides frequent pick up from both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 every 10 minutes operating two routes both of which stop directly outside the conference venue, the Clayton Hotel, Burlington Road.
- Route No. 702 – Dublin airport to Greystones/Bray
- Route No. 700 – Dublin Airport to Leopardstown/Sandyford
- A one way ticket from the Airport to the Clayton Hotel will cost approximately €8.00.
- Tickets can be purchased at Dublin Airport from an Aircoach staff member at the Aircoach departure stands at either Terminal 1 or Terminal 2.
- Airlink – is the airport service provided by Dublin Bus the public bus operator. There are two routes both going to the city centre but do not go directly to the meeting venue.
- Airlink 747:goes through the Port Tunnel to the city centre towards Heuston Train Station
- Airlink 757: goes through the Port Tunnel to the city centre and terminates at Charlottes Way, Rathmines Lower.
- A single ticket costs €6.00 and return €10.00
- Tickets can be bought at ticket machines at both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 and for the return, the ticket can be purchased on board with the driver.
- Tickets must be tapped by the ticket reader on board the bus.
Most international car rental companies have representation in the airport terminals. For details on companies and their locations in the airport see: Airport Car Rental